Explore History & Literature
Interested in learning more? Here are steps you can take to explore History & Literature:
- Take one of our HL90 Seminars to get to know the concentration.
- Browse the lists of Courses that Count for concentration credit to see the wide range of departments and programs where our concentrators study.
- Contact our Peer Advisors, current students who are eager to share their experiences in the concentration.
- Sign up for concentration advising. During the academic year, our most experienced academic advisers hold open office hours Monday though Thursday.
Declare History & Literature
- Declare History & Literature on my.harvard. (You do not need to complete the Plan of Study online.)
- Fill out the Advising Form for Declaring History & Literature.
Upon submitting an advising form, you will be asked to schedule an advising meeting with History & Literature faculty advisers. This conversation takes the place of the Plan of Study online, and it is the first of many advising meetings that form the backbone of the concentration.
Switch into History & Literature
Every year a few students switch into History & Literature in the sophomore spring or junior fall. If you are considering switching concentrations, contact us to schedule an advising meeting and we will help you find the right concentration.