Explore History & Literature
Interested in learning more? Here are steps you can take to explore History & Literature:
- Take one of our HL90 Seminars to get to know the concentration.
- Browse the lists of Courses that Count for concentration credit to see the wide range of departments and programs where our concentrators study.
- Contact our Peer Advisors, current students who are eager to share their experiences in the concentration.
- Sign up for concentration advising with our most experienced academic advisers.
Declare History & Literature
- Declare History & Literature on my.harvard! You do not need to choose a field of study within the concentration until the end of your sophomore year.
- Upon declaring, you will be invited to schedule an advising meeting with History & Literature faculty advisers. This is the first of many advising meetings that form the backbone of the concentration.
- You will also submit the Advising Form for Declaring History & Literature as we begin to get to know you and your interests.
Switch into History & Literature
Every year a few students switch into History & Literature in the sophomore spring or junior fall. If you are considering switching concentrations, contact us to schedule an advising meeting and we will help you find the right concentration.